Steve Garland is a professional Landscape Designer with over 40 years of experience that was a researcher for Burke’s Backyard and Backyard Blitz.
Steve is a specialist in plant species selection, open space and residential landscape assessment. He has provided amendment and water saving advice for more than 200 sporting fields, 500 residential gardens and 30 feature parks including high profile sites such as Hyde Park. He is a member of Sydney Water’s Irrigation Working Group and has lectured at both TAFE and university.
Steve played a key role in projects such as:
- Love Your Garden Program (applied to 26,000 houses) which he not only co-authored but trained all of the assessors
- Best Practice Guidelines for Holistic Turf Management in Sydney which he co-authored
- Watersmart garden centre training program which he wrote and delivered
- EPA play longer on sporting field project
- ACT Irrigation Smart program
Steve holds a Master of Landscape Architecture Degree and a Certificate of Horticulture. He is licensed for structural landscaping and urban irrigation. Steve’s work has been featured in Australian Horticulture, Backyard & Garden Design Ideas, Waterwise Gardens and Green Garden & Home magazines. In 2009 Steve was awarded the AILDM Pro Bono landscape design award for the learning garden at Annandale Public School